Browse by location
PERSEPHONE FESTIVAL FAQS
The Persephone Festival, held in celebration of our 25th anniversary, will take place on Friday April 19, Saturday April 20 and Sunday April 21. Events will run from approximately 9am in the morning until 9pm at night; the full programme is available to view here and tickets are on sale now.
How much do Festival tickets cost?
Festival tickets cost £20 per event, regardless of venue or content.
All tickets include entry to the pop-up Persephone tearoom at the Assembly Rooms, to the Persephone bookshop of course, and to anywhere else where our celebrations are happening; in essence we want the Festival to be an opportunity for our readers, whether they are attending one event or several, to meet and talk to the Persephone team, to the speakers and, most importantly, to their fellow enthusiasts.
Everyone who purchases a ticket will also receive a Persephone Festival badge to wear around town, as well as a rather charming Persephone Festival bag made for us by Re-Wrap in India; it is large enough for a book but sturdy enough to use as a clutch bag.
Will I need to show proof of purchase to gain entry to Festival events?
Yes, please be sure to bring your confirmation email to the events either on your phone or printed out, as well as be aware of the name under which the tickets were originally booked. This will really help speed up entry, thanks.
Will the events be recorded?
They certainly will and you'll be able to listen to the recordings on our website in the week following the Festival.
- Persephone Books, 8 Edgar Buildings, Bath BA1 2EE. Access is up two flights of stairs so it is not fully accessible (this just refers to the event space; the bookshop is on the ground floor and access is up two small steps.)
- The Assembly Rooms, Bennett St, Bath BA1 2QH. Fully accessible. A two minute walk from Persephone Books.
- The Holburne Museum, Great Pulteney Street, Bath, BA2 4DB. Fully accessible. A fifteen minute walk from Persephone Books.
- Landrace Upstairs, 61 Walcot Street,Bath, BA15BN. Access is via a spiral staircase with a small hand rail and is not fully accessible. A three minute walk from Persephone Books.
- Castle Farm, Midford Road, Midford, Bath BA2 7PU. Fully accessible but it is a 10 minute drive out of Bath. You will need to arrange your own transport. Taxis can be booked on 01225 423377 or download the Veezu app; alternatively, there are taxi ranks on Queen Square, by Bath Abbey, and at the train station.
The Persephone Tea Room
For the duration of the Festival, there will be a pop-up Persephone tearoom in the Assembly Rooms that will be open from 10am up until the final event of the day. Tea and cake will available for £1 each and it will be an opportunity to meet and talk to the Persephone team, to the speakers and, most importantly, to fellow readers. There will also be a book stall selling a selection of Persephone books in case you are too full of cake to walk down the road to the bookshop to buy them; copies of Persephone Festival speakers’ books will be available too.
Things to do when not attending a Festival event
When you are not attending one of the Festival events, we recommend the following:
- come to the Persephone tearoom and chat to other Persephone readers and members of the Persephone team.
- visit the Persephone bookshop, browse the books and meet the office dog, Gilbert.
- go for a walk with the Literary Map.
- visit the Holburne Museum then go for a walk in Sydney Gardens.
- look around the Roman Baths.
- seek out Bath's other bookshops: Mr B's, Toppings and Bayntun’s.
- walk to the Royal Crescent then Victoria Park.
- if you have more time, the Bath Skyline walk is terrific too.
The closest car park to Persephone Books is Charlotte Street car park and we are an easy 10 minute walk from Bath Spa train station. Our favourite restaurant nearby is Landrace. We don't know much about local hotels but Bath has plenty of them and we have secured a discounted rate at a few here. For any other tourist information, please contact the Bath tourist board here.
If you have further questions about the Persephone Festival, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 01225 425050 (outside the UK +44 1225 425050) or come in and see us at 8 Edgar Buildings, Bath, and we will do our best to answer them.